Upcoming Event

2/1/11

Why Do We Rush In Life?

I do know that this is the time of year that we all seem to notice all the rushing around in life. But have you ever taken the time to sit down and wonder about all the other times in the year that we seemed so rushed. It is amazing to watch how people think that rushing around in everyday life will get them that extra time for other things. When sometimes when we try to rush around, it actually waste time and sometimes it ends up in an accident or an unexpected mistake.
Have you ever noticed that in the store that they have a lane that is for 20 items or less and that line is a mile long? As opposed to the other lanes that only one full cart in line. I have gone through the one full cart line quicker than the people in the 20 items or less lane. In this case, the following statement is true – Haste Makes Waste. Because as Society, we think that the speed line is usually the quickest route to buy and leave the store. If 10 people are in line with 20 items that equals 200 items to scan where as if the person with the full cart only has 75 to 100 items, they will check out quicker.
Then, there is the the rush that we all are fond of. this the rush on the road or on the freeway. I know that many of us have plenty of pet peeves when it come to driving but we have to admit that drivers that seem to be in a rush with no regards to anyone else is that major peeve. Like when the traffic is barely crawling and the “rush driver” is constantly weaving lane to lane and it always seems that no matter which lane he goes to, it is the one that is a stand still and you always pass him. LOL! and there is the electronic construction road sign that tell us that the “Left lane will end in 500 feet”. If you are like me, you change lanes way before the 500 foot mark but there are the ones that try to race down the left lane all the way to the orange markers and try to weasel their way in and almost causing a fender bender. When this happen, I guess they didn’t get where they wanted to be on time, did they?
Last, how about the employees that rush and get thing done too fast or quickly at their job. Of course, this be good and it can be bad. The bad is that it almost never fails that when you an employee gets work done to quickly, they end up getting more or or even more projects “dumped” in their laps. Now it seems that they will never get caught up with all the extra work given to them. It is like a “brown nosier” saying that they can get their work done quickly then have it “all smeared” when extra is given to them.
Remember what your Mom or your Grandmother used to say “Haste Makes Waste”. For me, I stop and smell the roses and enjoy life at the right pace, if life passes me too quickly, I might miss that one special event and never be able to make it up again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
This is my small “cubed” space in the giant blogosphere. Here I can write my rants, raves and musings on Office Life, Ecology, Sports, Diabetes and Trekkie subjects. I have been asked – what is my Cubicle? Well, a cubicle can be defined as your workplace, your laptop, your home office, your car, on the bus, on the transit train, your personal space at home and even your Wi-Fi space at your local Starbucks or Borders Bookstore. To me, my “cubicle” is where I can be me without any outside interference.
. Copyright © 2009 GeekBarista.com